3.29.2006

Fatter and Fatter

Today was a productive day. My house is clean and I got a scrapbook page done. Sam and I went over to Sarah’s house this morning. She played with Parker while I scrapbooked with her and some of her neighbors. We had a lot of fun, laughed a lot and got some stuff done. The boys will be home from school soon and the driving back and for to scouts will begin. I don’t have too much to say, so I will share an incident that happened a week or so ago.

I was just getting out of the shower when Sam walked into the bathroom. She looked at me and said, “You are just getting fatter and fatter.” At first I didn’t know how to react. I knew I needed to say something, but I couldn’t think of how to word my response and not over react. Strangely, it hurt my feelings (I shouldn’t be taking a four year old seriously, but they always say “from the mouth of babes”). Finally, I responded, “Sam, that’s not a very nice thing to say (profound I know…).” She looked at me with her shoulders shrugged and replied, “Well, it’s true.”

What am I going to do with her? I am not sure I can let her loose in the world just quite yet, they might not be as understanding as her own mother.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie! Where are the posts? You're slacking.

Love the story about "Fatter and Fatter"...tooo funny.

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home