3.28.2006

Vexation

It poured rain for most of today and that has set the tone for my day. First thing this morning I noticed Josh had forgotten his homework, so I rushed that up to the school before dropping Sam off at preschool. Sarah, Jordan and I then went to Wal-Mart to pick up our pictures. Of course they were not done. The clerk tried to give us a sob story about the machine and getting kicked off network, blah, blah, blah…get my pictures done when you said they would be done.

We then spend the next hour and a half driving through horrible rain and traffic trying to find the building for Jordan’s dermatology appointment. Sam has been in a bad mood since I picked her up from school and is causing all kinds of mayhem. Helmut left today for Borger and won’t be back until Friday and I am wondering if my sanity will last.

I am reading Pride and Prejudice and came across this great quote. “A scheme of which every part promises delight, can never be successful; and general disappointment is only warded off by the defense of some little particular vexation.” Great words to live by, expect the worst and you won’t be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home