11.15.2006

Surfing

Well, we found out this afternoon that we did not get the house we were hoping for. The owner actually replied to our withdrawal from negotiations with, “I won’t come down on the price and on second thought, I won’t be out by the middle of December.” If you ask me, he doesn’t sound like he would have been the easiest landlord to work with. The house was also at the top of our price range and we are better off with something a little cheaper. In essence, they saved us from ourselves. I am now setting my sights on the Deijlerweg house and happy with that. We have scheduled a walk through tomorrow so we can be sure to include any repairs and upgrades we want in the initial contract.

I broke down and paid the 200+ US dollars today so I could get unlimited internet access for the next month. I am not sure we will be at the hotel for that long, but it was cheaper to do it that way than by the week. I have literally been on the internet all afternoon long, and have enjoyed every minute of it. It is amazing how hard it is to be limited to only a few minutes of internet a day, but I am back on track to surfing the hours away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home