11.07.2006

ASH

What a long day…we got to the school around 10:00 AM and didn’t leave until close to 3:00 PM. I had meetings with the administrators, counselors, teachers, transportation coordinator…you name it. In the meantime, the kids were supposed to sit quietly and behave. Of course, that didn’t happen. By the time we met with the Elementary School Counselor, Josh was drawing pictures of dead stick figures surrounded by own pool of blood. I am sure he was psycho analyzing him and deeming me a horrible mother in the process. The bad news is that this Thursday and Friday there is no school due to Parent/Teacher Conferences. The boys can’t start school tomorrow because that is “short notice for the teachers.” The boys will go on Wednesday for one day. Sam on the other hand will not start school until next Monday. I am a little bummed that the kids will have to be home over the next week while Helmut is in London Wednesday thru Friday and I am trying to pick out a house and get a mobile phone and such.

Tonight we went to the Volvo dealership to look for a car. Let me just say, things here in Holland don’t move at American speed. We all know that when you enter a car dealership in America, they want to do anything they can to get you to buy a car before you leave the lot. We looked at a few cars and asked a few question of the ONE dealer before he let us know he would “work up a few proposals” and get back with us. “It may take some time and I hope to get back with you by the end of the week.” Luckily we have the rental car until the end of next week. I am hoping we can get this all sorted out by then. I am leaning towards the sporty station wagon and Helmut is leaning towards the SUV.

Tomorrow we are going back to the school to buy the kid’s school supplies. After that I am planning an exciting adventure to the “Splash Washerette” which I am hoping is a Laundromat. The hotel will do the laundry but it is crazy expensive. To launder a pair of socks costs US$2.25. Hopefully I can find the Laundromat, buy some detergent and that it will all be less expensive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home