11.07.2006

Quite an Adventure

What a crazy day!

The kids and I started out this morning by going to the school to buy their school supplies. The school was having their book fair which the boys could not pass up. We walked out of there 90.00 euros later. We came back to the hotel and gathered up all our dirty clothes and set off to find the Splash Washerette. Armed with a city map and Little Helmut as my navigator, we headed towards Leiden. This place was not easy to find. The streets here are hard to “read,” is it a bus lane, or a one way street or just a small road. I cannot count how many times I turned onto a road today and thought for sure I was going the wrong way on a one way street or even worse, barreling down a bike lane. At one point Josh asked me nicely to stop cursing because he was sure Sam was going to start to copy me.

We finally found the Laundromat and found a place to park. When we walked in all of the six machines were being used by one old lady who had at least 20 bags waiting to be washed. We drove all that way for nothing. What a frustration…and our clothes are still dirty!

We salvaged the trip by stopping on the ride home and walking around. We all took pictures and enjoyed a more close up look at the village we have been living in.

In the afternoon our realtor took us to look at four houses. Three of the four were either too dingy, too small or too ugly. I did find one I thought would work. It has just been renovated with a brand new kitchen. We are going out again tomorrow to look at more places. I am feeling positive about the prospects.

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie pearson said...

It looks so pretty. Too bad about the houses. I hope you find one tomorrow!

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home