6.27.2006

50 Days: Alone Time

Summer is moving along without too many peaks and valleys to speak of. We have been doing a lot of swimming, watching T.V., and “trying to get along.”

I am still churning out the Rachel Ray meals almost every night. The meals are designed to feed four people, which ends up just right for my little family. No leftovers, which is a Catch 22. No one really likes to eat leftovers in my house, but that means I have to cook every night. So far, I have been so excited to try each new recipe that I haven’t minded the cooking on such a regular basis. The most popular dish so far is the Ginger Soy Chicken, and it’s close cousin, Ginger Soy Thai Pork with Basil. Each night the boys have come into the kitchen saying it smelled like China when Ayi (our Chinese helper) was cooking.

I did leave Sam with Helmut today and took Josh to the Mall to buy new church chinos. I like taking my kids out solo to do something special. I rarely get time alone with the boys and really enjoy the time to talk and get to know them a little better. Josh is a sweet and helpful young man. He loves clothes and was thrilled with the afternoon. I can remember a time when I was young that my parents started a date your child night. Once a month they would give one of us kids a turn to pick the restaurant and go out with Mom and Dad all by ourselves. I can only remember actually doing this once, but the memory of dinner at that Chinese Restaurant (which isn’t even there anymore) has never left me. I would like to start this same tradition with my kids as well. Maybe I can keep it up for more than one round (or maybe not).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home