6.22.2006

55 Days: Nesting

In an effort to be a better wife and better mother, I am on a new cooking kick. I am armed with a new cookbook: Rachel Ray 365 No Repeats. Her 30-minute meal mantra seemed like something I could get on board with. My first solo attempt was dinner tonight. I made Basil Pesto Pasta nests. After cooking the noodles, you toss in the sauce and then plate the pasta as two small nests. I am sure with time, I will get better at making the nests, but the pasta was excellent.

I also cleaned the refrigerator inside and out today. My husband is going to be so thrilled to come home to a home cooked meal and a clean frig. I even threw away all the leftovers, which is a job he usually does out of desperation for more frig space.

Of course, since I have gone to so much trouble, his flight out of Amarillo is delayed and he won’t be home until late.

Got to go…Roger’s much anticipated return has finally arrived! Go Astros!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home