12.03.2006

It is 6:47 AM on a Sunday morning…

And my entire family is awake. We cannot seem to get used to the sunrise/sunset issue here. The Sun goes down by 4:30 PM each night and the kids are tired and want to go to bed by around 7:00ish. I don’t mind the extra time at night to myself one bit. On the flipside, they are awake and ready for the day on many occasions before 6:00 AM. One positive to this situation is that I never have to drag them out of bed in the morning for school.

I am writing to give you a thermostat update. A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing. I broke down and got out the Dutch/English dictionary and started translating the instructions. Let’s be honest, a word for word translation doesn’t always work. Words have more than one meaning and some words weren’t even in the dictionary. I did figure out how to override the programming and got that puppy cranking up the heat. When I woke up this morning, it was so hot! Somehow in the course of my fiddling I had reset the thermostat, so when it was actually 73 degrees in the house the thermostat was reading 60 degrees and the heat was going strong. Don’t get me wrong, I was grateful for the heat, but I am sure at some point it would have become close to unbearable. I located the reset button and I think we are back on track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home