11.23.2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Well today is Thanksgiving. Sadly it doesn’t feel much like Thanksgiving here in Holland. It is a work day as usual and since we are still in our hotel room and Helmut is in London we have had a fairly ordinary day. We got up this morning and dropped off our laundry at the Splash Washerette for the last time (knock on wood). I took the kids swimming as a celebration for Josh making the team. I met with our landlord at the house in the afternoon. She was really nice and seemed to be easy going. Hopefully that will continue throughout our relationship. We closed out the day by watching videos and picking up our laundry. We are having Thanksgiving dinner here at the hotel (they are putting on a special Thanksgiving buffet with all the fixings) with some friends I met at Sam’s class. Hopefully the kids will behave and we will all have a good time.

To reflect on this special day of the year I asked each of the kids to write down the five things they are most thankful for…

Helmut
1. Sintaklaas
2. Family
3. House
4. The Holiday Inn
5. School

Joshua
1. Books
2. A house to live in
3. Family
4. Christmas
5. My Computer

Sam
1. My Family
2. My Stuffed Animals
3. God
4. My Art Supplies
5. Toys

Mom
1. Sweet children that will sit all day in a hotel room and watch DVDs all day if needs be.
2. itunes – all the US shows I am missing for just $1.99 an episode (seems to me like a small price to pay when I am half way around the world)
3. A loving husband that works so hard for our family and still makes me laugh.
4. The opportunity to live here in Holland and travel around Europe.
5. A great extended family that makes my life more interesting and fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home