11.19.2006

Trains and Sinterklaas


Yesterday morning we hopped on the train and went to Rijswijk to pick up something from Helmut’s office. The kids loved the train ride and the countryside scenery was beautiful. We had lunch at a fun restaurant at the train station and then headed to Wassenaar for the arrival of Sinterklaas. The canal was packed with people ten deep. Sam loved it and I got some great shots. The Netherlands royalty even showed up for the affair. The crown prince, his two daughters and his wife watched the festivities about three feet from where we were standing. At first no one seemed to notice, but by the time we were ready to go, a huge crowd had gathered around. It was my first Holland celebrity sighting!

We came to an agreement on the house. If all goes well with the paperwork, we can move in on Friday. Our shipment will not arrive for a few more weeks, but I am going to look into renting furniture for the interim period. It will be nice to have some extra space again. I am a little overwhelmed at all the things I need to buy to settle into the house, but I have time to do it now that all the kids are in school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home