10.29.2006

Catch Up

Long time no blog…I have been up to my ears in things to do before we go, plus I have been very busy ignoring those very things.

Helmut and I have hit the mall, target and other stores to procure the goods we need before the move. The biggest problem with these shopping trips is that as well as finding the things we needed on our list, we see a world of other things we may need as well. Needless to say we will be loading up our full 40-foot container.

We still have not received a phone call from the Houston Dutch Consulate to say that our visa has arrived back from Miami. Technically we don’t have to have the visa until Friday afternoon, but I would appreciate it earlier for my peace of mind.

This week begins the deluge of tasks and small details that must be handled before we go. We have to get our Odyssey sold and our rental car picked up. We have to get all our stuff packed up with the movers and well as pack our own suitcases. We have to get the boys all withdrawn from school. We still have to change all our billing addresses to our new P.O. Box address. Ugh…I am not ready for this!

My parents and Matt and Maria and Lucas came down for the weekend. The men folk put up crown molding in our master bedroom (evidentially the one project Helmut could not stand to leave undone). It still needs to be painted, but looks great. Aside from the home improvement project, we had a fun weekend. We hung out around the house and went out to eat for just about every meal. We even hit the Berry Hill Taco Shop two nights in a row. They are good sports for coming down for the weekend on such short notice. I will miss having them so close by when we are in Holland. Saturday night we made a token drop by of the church Halloween party. Sam and Lucas had a fun time playing with the balloons. Helmut and Josh had an even better time running around with their friends. I have very fond memories of running around the school carnivals with my friends. Good times.

Enough rambling for one day…enjoy the picture of Samantha as The Dancing Barbie Princess named “Genevieve.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home