10.30.2006

more of the same

The drudgery of the “to-do list” continued again today. We hit Macy’s, Best Buy, Target, Petco and Wal-Mart. We are probably 90% finished with the list. Tomorrow is a big day. Besides it being Halloween, we have to pick up Helmut’s visa at the consulate and pick up the rental car at the airport. Tomorrow we are selling our car at CarMax. It makes me a little sad in a way. Besides its undying dependability, sheer comfort and being incredibly easy to drive, we have had a lot of fun times in that car. That car drove us all the way to Utah and back as well as to countless school and sporting activities.

I suppose I am getting a little sullen and apprehensive about the move. I went to the scrapbook store today to get some things for my Christmas card and I actually felt a little sad. Trust me; this scrapbook store is nothing to be getting sad over. I guess it is just the fact that we are to the point of…this is our last time to do this, that and the other.

My biggest stress right now is the move day (Wednesday). Don’t get me wrong, I am so lucky and grateful that Shell is paying for a crew to do a full-service move. Thinking about the logistics of it all is what is keeping me up at night. It is going to be so hard to make sure everything goes to the right place. We have some things staying in the house, some things going to The Netherlands in an air shipment, some things going to The Netherlands on a surface shipment and the things we will pack in our luggage to take on the flight over. It will be a modern day miracle if something major doesn’t end up in the wrong place. Ugh…I have to go practice some avoidance via the DVR and sleep!

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie pearson said...

Hang in there!!

6:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home