11.02.2006

Moving Day


Yesterday was the big day. The packers arrived around 8:00 AM (a full hour before I expected them) while I was still in my pajamas. What a crazy day. The kids went to school which simplified the process. Helmut and I were left to decide what would stay in the house, what we would pack to take on the flight, what we would send to Holland in an air shipment and what we would send to Holland in a sea shipment. Most of the things were easy to organize, but the clothes were complicated. The surveyor who came to the house a few weeks ago predicted we would get our sea shipment around the middle of December. I am hoping the sea shipment makes it in time for all the Christmas things I shipped. I suppose what ever happens, happens.

Josh had his last football game last night. They had to win to still be mathematically eligible for the playoffs. We got pretty far behind in the first quarter and then the weather turned cold and very rainy. The boys kept with it and played really hard. We won with a touchdown in the last 11 seconds! The Sampson Seahawks still have to lose their last two games for our team to make it to the playoffs, but it was a great win.

Right now I am so tired, but I still have to finish getting the house clean and pack before we go…this is too much work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home