7.06.2006

Rockstar: Supernova

We just got back from a weeklong trip to visit my brother Matt, his wife Maria and their son Lucas in San Antonio. I have lots of fun pictures to share and stories to tell, but I am trying to get unpacked and the house back in order. I had to share this crazy unrelated story really quick.

Those who know me really well, know that I am a TV junkie and more specifically, a reality TV junkie. I have my reality TV favorites (Amazing Race, Survivor, American Idol, etc.) but I will watch almost anything. Last night was the new season premiere of Rockstar: Supernova, The Tommy Lee Project. I watched Rockstar: INXS last summer and loved it! I am a bit of a closet rocker girl. I will also admit publicly that I watched the Tommy Lee reality show last summer about him going back to college (I wasn’t kidding when I said I will watch all things reality TV). Tommy Lee was actually funny and likable. So when I heard he was going to be on the new Rockstar series I was excited.

Helmut and I sat down to watch the first episode last night. (For those of you who watch American Idol…this is totally different. The “rockers” are a bit older and have usually been working at making a rock and roll career for themselves for 10+ years. They can sing and perform well.) Each of the fifteen “rockers” was introduced in a short video before they sang. “Rocker” number ten or so comes up and she is from Houston. Hmmm…interesting. They show her and tell about how she is from South Africa…hmmm, she looks really familiar. It hits me…she was at our garage sale about 18 months ago. Crazy, I know. She and her mother were walking by (which now has me wondering if she or her mother lives in our neighborhood) and stopped by. She wasn’t your normal suburban type (lots of tats, piercings, and wild hair), but she was really nice and chatty. She mentioned that she had recently moved here from South Africa and was pursuing her singing career. She told us about a club she was singing at that weekend and gave us her website address. Bizarre coincidence…I am rooting for her, she is a little extreme (if you saw the show you know what I mean), but hey, she’s been to my house! Go Dilana!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home