7.10.2006

Relish

We had a fairly quiet day around our house. Helmut left for Borger today and won’t be back until Thursday night, so all the pressure is off. No meals to cook and no need to REALLY clean until Thursday. I took the kids swimming at the YMCA with the Jones and Pearson clan. Carrie, Sarah and I baked in the sun for a full three hours. It was pretty hot and miserable, but I was trying my best to enjoy the process. I applied my SPF 45 sunscreen at least three times, but probably should have done twice that much. I am feeling burned tonight, but not fried. Sam, on the other hand, is not fairing as well. I put tons of sunscreen on her as well, but her little cheeks are VERY pink. She has blisters on about seven of her toes.

I cannot tell you how much I love the baby Wal-Mart (it is actually a Neighborhood Wal-Mart that the kids nicknamed the baby Wal-Mart to distinguish it from the Wal-Mart Super center). I ran to the store this morning to pick up a few things. I was contemplating whether to buy the small vlasic jar or the large store brand jar of sweet relish when the large jar slipped out of my hand, bounced off the cart handle and crashed to the floor. Sweet relish and glass went everywhere. All of the sudden I flashed back to high school. (This is really getting off the subject, but a good story. My sister and I had stayed after school for Drill Team and Flag Corp practice when I started feeling really sick. We told the director and Jenny was walking me to the parking lot to take me home. All of the sudden I could not fight the urge any longer and threw up all over the hallway just in front of the student center. I just sat there mortified. Jenny snaps me out of it with, “don’t just stand there like you are the one who did it, let’s get out of here.” She was always a little quicker on the draw than I was. I was so thankful for a big sister at that moment.) So I am standing in the Wal-Mart pickle aisle once again mortified. I am now 34 and realize I should go find someone to clean it up. The two nicest Wal-Mart worker ladies came over and cleaned it up. They assured me over and over again that it was no big deal and would not let me help clean it up. I love the baby Wal-Mart. Low prices and great customer service.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I laugh every time I think about that time. In my defence I think I got some paper towles from the bathroom to lay over the throw up before we ran.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home