10.03.2006

Project Complete


As promised, here is the picture of the “Order of Operations” mobile that Helmut and I (with a little licking help from Josh and Sam) completed this weekend. It turned out how I had envisioned it, and Helmut seems pleased. Strangely, the hardest part was licking the Tootsie Pops down to the right size. A few times we would forget what we were doing and bite into it. Josh was really the best at it. I think he finished eight out of twelve all by himself. Towards the end he was looking a little sick in the face from all those lollipops…Talk about aversion therapy.

The week has started, yet again. I did run last night for the first time in about two months. I hate starting all over again. I ran the track while Josh practiced for football. After practice I asked him if it was embarrassing to have your mom running the track. He answered, “No, but I wouldn’t really call it running, more like aggressive walking.” Thanks a lot! There is nothing like a ten year old to keep you in touch with reality. I suppose I have to start somewhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger Em said...

I try to comment on campus, but it doesn't work, so I have to wait until I get home. First, the project looks smashing. I think it's funny how it's expected all the parents will do most of the school projects. Second, we all need a little "aggressive walking" in our lives. I always figure it's better than parking it in front of the tv.

7:53 PM  
Blogger carrie pearson said...

You go girl. Any type of running counts.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home