8.16.2006

First Day of School

Well, the first day of school is over. Helmut popped out of bed this morning around 6:45 AM and was dressed and ready in no time. I had a grand breakfast of biscuits, bacon and eggs planned, but he turned me down. He refuses to eat breakfast on most days. His bus picks up at the end of the street and I was politely asked not to accompany him. I begged for the privilege of driving my car down there and parking discretely on the side of the road. I promised not to get out of the car and my wish was granted. Only one other girl (a VERY cute girl by the way) was at the bus stop. He gave her a slight head nod when she walked up and then they sat in complete silence for the next fifteen minutes. At one point a lady from our church passed by walking her dog and very enthusiastically greeted him. He gave her an even smaller head nod and then got a totally mortified look on his face after she passed.

He came home around 3:45 PM with only good things to report. He loves being in Middle School with all the “grown up” privileges it affords. He could walk to class with whom ever he wanted, sit anywhere for lunch and the locker was a huge hit. He told me, “Having your own locker is so cool. Sometimes I would open it between classes even though I didn’t need anything out of it…just ‘cause I could…and it looks real cool.” I hope the joys of Middle School last him the whole year long.

Josh went out to wait for the bus around 8:30. We waited until 8:45 (Five minutes before school is supposed to start) and then I just drove him. We found out later that the bus never showed at all. He said he had a good day and that everyone thought his outfit was cool. He was not so happy about his bus ride home. Evidently the driver is real grouchy. She refused to stop in front of our house (even though she passed right by it) and dropped him off down the street instead. He also claims there is a whole lot of yelling coming from her as well. Poor guy, everyone hates a mean bus driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home