8.15.2006

He's Keeping Me Guessing

Just one day left. My only trepidation about the first day of school is the fact that Sam doesn’t start her school until next Tuesday. This summer she has become an expert at bossing around her brothers (for example, they are both in their room right now piecing back together a plastic bead project she put together and then accidentally knocked over). I am afraid if they are gone, she may take to bossing me around. That scenario makes me tired just thinking about it.

This morning was Josh’s Meet the Teacher. It did not go at all as I expected. We got there fine, but as soon as it all began, he started acting like a caged animal…”how much longer is this going to take…can’t you write any faster…I already met my switch teacher last year, I don’t need to meet her again…I’m sure I still have money in my lunch account, we don’t need to check…(upon exiting the building) that was the biggest waste of the day…that was so boring.”

Josh is normally my "get along boy", the one who is just happy to be going somewhere. I am hoping this is just his way of expressing his disappointment that summer is over or his anxiety over the start of the school year. I don’t think I can handle it if this is a new permanent hitch in his personality!

He was amicable enough to let me do a first day of school outfit photo shoot this afternoon. He is my most fashion conscious boy and picked out this very hip outfit at Abercrombie. I think he is a little worried about what his friends at school will say, but I assured him that if he becomes uncomfortable, he can always take off the oxford and put it in his backpack. I personally think he looks great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home