8.14.2006

Token Posting

I have been the lamest poster lately. I have been in somewhat of a funk. I have so many things to do and have made the subconscious (and sometimes conscious) decision not to do any of them. Posting to my blog has fallen into that category.

I did have a very productive day on Saturday. I went to Sofie’s birthday party in the morning and then went home to clean house. As soon as I walked in the door I could almost physically feel the pull of the computer and DVR…but I resisted. I headed straight for the cleaning supplies under my bathroom sink and got to work, sort of. When I looked under my sink, I completely forgot about my lofty goal of dusting the entire downstairs (where my knick knacks easily number above fifty), sweeping and mopping the downstairs, vacuuming the downstairs and cleaning the downstairs bathroom. Instead I spent the next hour cleaning out the cabinet under my bathroom sink and the two linen cabinets in the master bedroom. I am sure this is another manifestation of my avoidance issue. But hey, those cabinets are clean and completely free of any expired lotions or OTC medicines. I did stick with the cleaning and finally finished all the jobs on my checklist sometime around 7:30 PM. I had quite a feeling of accomplishment, but my body pretty much ached all over.

I realize this is all quite boring, but I haven’t done much else with my time in the last few days. Summer is winding down to its last day and I couldn’t be happier. I picked up Sam’s backpack from the monogram shop today and it turned out really cute. I even made it out of there for less than twenty bucks. Josh has "meet the teacher" in the morning. After that I will continue to work on (or avoid) my to do list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home