12.13.2006

IKEA II



Just a few pictures from our weekend. It was full of basketball, birthdays and IKEA furniture. Helmut and I put together a total of ten pieces of IKEA furniture over the weekend. Amazingly, we did not get into one fight. I was his dutiful “getter” (which is how he likes it) and I was glad to do it. I would do anything to get those boxes off my floor and assembled into something I can store my “stuff” in. Many of the houses here lack any sort of built in storage space (closets, cabinets, etc.), so since we have moved in we have been to IKEA many times looking for various storage solutions. We have one more bookshelf in Sam’s room to assemble and a wardrobe in Helmut’s room as well. I started putting the wardrobe in Helmut’s room together on Monday as a surprise to Big Helmut. I think when he gets home from London on Friday night he will be glad to see a portion of his IKEA chores (which I need him to finish before my family arrives at noon on Saturday) are already done. I am praying he doesn’t think I did a sub par job. Sadly, it will not be 100% complete as it weighs about two tons and the boys and I are unable to lift it off the ground to stand it upright. I feel pretty proud of myself for finishing it this far. I never thought of myself as a handy person, but I guess I was wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home