9.07.2006

PWT

Helmut is away on business and we are living it up around here. The boys have been begging me for quite some time now to make Hamburger Helper for dinner. Neither one of them has ever had it before, so I am not sure where the allure began. We started out our night of Poor White Trash fun with a tasty meal of Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff. What better dessert to compliment such a meal…Rice Krispie Treats! The kids were in heaven. What can I say? I try to be the best Mother I can be! We topped of our Poor White Trash evening with a double header of Fear Factor. Good fun was had by all. It really is true what the box of Hamburger Helper says…One pound. One Meal. One happy family!

I do understand where the boys are coming from with their love of a meal made from a box. When I was growing up, my parents didn’t get to go out as a couple very often. Money was tight on an engineer’s salary with five growing kids. Anytime they did get a chance to go out, Mom would feed us Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for dinner. I thought it tasted like pure heaven. Forget the fact that she slaved over a hot stove every other day of her life to make us a tasty homemade meal. That Mac and Cheese was just so tasty. Kids are so ungrateful! In hindsight, thanks Mom for all the yummy meals you worked so hard to prepare. Now that I am a Mom myself, I realize what a sacrifice it really was.

So there you have it, my entry for the day…a little Poor White Trash…and a tribute to my mom!

1 Comments:

Blogger carrie pearson said...

You have got to love a little PWT!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home