8.28.2006

Hurry up and wait!

We are stuck in a holding pattern here. I have always known that patience is not my strong suit (my kids remind me of that on a daily basis) but this move has really solidified this fact for me. I am constantly wondering to myself, “why can’t I just relax and enjoy the time I have left in Houston instead of being so anxious and stressed out about how long this whole moving to Holland process is taking?” I suppose we came into the whole process with the wrong mindset. The managers in The Hague that hired Helmut wanted him to start work ASAP. The division here in Houston working to get all the visas and paperwork together doesn’t seem to share the same enthusiasm. I am sure they aren’t doing anything to drag their feet, but evidently these things take time.

We did make one step towards Holland today. Emily’s aunt came and picked up Murphy. She seemed really nice and truly excited about getting him. I know he has gone to a good home. I am sure Josh will be sad, but he seems okay about it. I will see how he does after school today when Murphy is no longer here. I could pretend to be all broke up about it… but I’m not… so I won’t.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel for Josh. I lost my first dog to a tragic milk man accident. remember.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home