4.26.2006

Barbie


Sam was watching TV today while I was doing the dishes and a commercial came on for the new DVD "The Barbie Diaries." Our conversation went something like this...
Sam: I want that movie, Mom
Mom: We'll see (a phrase I hated hearing from my Mom as a kid because it almost always meant no, but now that I am a Mom I find it quite useful, thanks Mom!)
Sam: I comes with a real diary
Mom: Really? What would you write in your diary?
Sam: My boyfriends
Mom: Who are your boyfriends?
Sam: I don't know yet.
Mom: {speechless}
Sam: (nervous laugh) don't tell anyone I said that...

Shhh...Don't tell her I told. I am not sure about this whole Barbie thing. I know I played with them as a child and turned out fine (shame on you if you are thinking otherwise), but these days it seems like Barbie promotes growing up too fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home